Ruby

Friday, March 30, 2012

TT & Friends get shipwrecked!

I'm never going to write again! Never! Just see what my FORMER favorite literary magazine, 
A Tigers Writing Buddy, had to say about my books! 
"Trickertreee writes with a unique style and entertaining manner,
but he is a LITERARY LIGHTWEIGHT." 
A literary lightweight my foot! I'm going to start writing stories again to prove them wrong!
JUST WAIT AND SEE!
Here's my first story after my extended vacation from authorship.

Chapter one: 
The ringing sounds of bells reached my ears from Township, BONG! BONG! BONG! BONG!
Telling me it was 4 o' clock, "Where are they?" I wondered, just then Spino and Octo hurried into the clearing in front of the Temple of Trivia, "Sorry I'm late!" Spino said, "Just in time I see," said Octo, as the last echos from the bells faded away.
"So, what is this Temple place?" asked Hank, "You answer trivia questions, and your given gem prizes."
Replied Octo, "Come on, lets go!" I yelled.
"Hold on a second," a giraffe guard said, "you've got to wait for the next round."
"Oh, oops," we waited a few seconds until the doors opened, "Now you can go in!" said the gecko who was hanging on a vine above the doors. All three of us walked into the room and sat down on a chair.
"Go get em' TT! Beat the stuffing out of them Spino!" Hank and Drover cheered.
My chair was above two gooses- er geese, I couldn't help overhearing what they said.
"So, this is your first time in the Temple of Trivia hmm?" said the first one.
"Yes, I'm so nervous, I'm getting people bumps!" said the second.
The first trivia question appeared.
What is the name of the sound that often follows lightning?
1. Ka-boom
2. Crash
3. Thunder
"This is to easy!" said a bunny, his nose in the air he chose his answer.
ANGHH! Wrong! The bunny looked horrified, "Well, I'm getting a refund on this fact book." he said.
Another name for a cowboys saddle is...?
1. Cactus
2. Cack 
3. Horn shap
"I think I know this," I said, I chose "Cack" A green checkmark appeared on my answer.
A low whistle escaped my mouth, "Hehe, some of Hank's cowdog knowledge must have rubbed off on me."


Chapter two:
After a few more questions the round ended and we were all handed our results, all three of us got stars!
"Congrats! 100 gems have been deposited into your gems, please come back soon."
Said our papers. "Now what?" asked Spino, as Drover and Hank came up to us.
We exited the doors in the back, and the jungle sounds of the Temple of Zios greeted us.
As we plodded along we came to the Chamber of Knowledge, next to it was a stall selling plushies.
"Come one! Come all! Get a plushie! Only five gems!" a bunny in a bow tie yelled to the scattered jammers nearby.
Spino's eyes skimmed across the plushies in the stall, "Hey, it's that panda plushie that looks like Po! The one I've been trying to get forever in the claw." Spino quickly darted over to the stall before anyone could buy the panda and set down five gems. "That Po Plushie please," she asked the bunny.
The bunny bit the gems, and handed Spino the Po Plushie, "Come back soon!" he called after her.
"This will go perfectly with my Shifu plushie," she grinned, "Squishy squishy!"
"Hey look," said Octo,"What's that?" we walked closer to a caravan on the left side of the Chamber of Knowledge. "Madam Gingerpawz," said the sign above the door. "A fortuneteller," Spino said.
"What's a fortune teller?" asked Hank, "If you cross a fortune teller's paw with silver, they'll tell your fortune!" Octo told Hank.
Drover piped up, "You mean, if I gave her a fork she'd tell my fortune!?"

Chapter three:
"Come on, lets go in," I said, we stepped inside, "Do you have any silverware?" Drover asked openly.
"Hello? Is anyone here?" Spino asked. "Maybe she doesn't know we're here," said Hank.
Suddenly Madam Gingerpawz stepped through a curtain with Stars and moons on it, "So, you wish to know your fortune?" she took long strides towards us. "Uh- ye- yes please." Spino stammered.
"Can you tell me if I'll loose my shoes tomorrow?" I asked, "Shoes? Madam Gingerpawz doesn't perdict shoes! Madam Gingerpawz will tell your fortune, but first, I must ask one question...
....do you have any money?" "Of course!" I replied, "I tossed a green gem into the air. "Will this be enough?"
She took the gem in her paw, she closed it, opened it again, and it was...gone!
She smiled, "Very good," her eyes focused in on Spino, I had the impression of the barrel of a gun turning to target an animal. "You, give me your paw." She had her eyes closed and reached for Spino's paw.
She grabbed the stuffed arm of her Po Plushie! Me and Octo were trying (unsucessfully) to hold back snickers. "Scilencio!" Madam Gingerpawz boomed, "But-" Madam Gingerpawz cut Spino off mid sentience.
"Quiet! I must concentrate..." she put a paw to her forehead, "Yes, Madam Gingerpawz sees all! You will live in a igloo...promise never to eat noodles again...and...ride the stars? Very strange, this is the strangest paw I have ever seen." "That's because it belongs to a panda plushie!" I told her. "YOU DARE TO MOCK MADAM GINGERPAWZ!" "I'm sorry, here's my real paw," Spino held out her paw.
"That's better," said Madam Gingerpawz, "You will become a famous writer, of a novel called 'Journey to Gongmen' jammers far and wide will know of your great book!"
"Wow..." said Spino. "Do me next!" I said, "As you wish..." said Madam Gingerpawz.
She grasped my paw in her's, her eyes closed, but then, her eyes opened wide.
"No! No! I dare not say!" she yelled, "you are too young!"
"Come on, please tell me my fortune." I asked her. "No! No! It is too 'orrible" she cried out.
She jerked her paw away, and nearly knocked over her crystal ball.

Chapter four:
"I guess I'll never know the future, til it happens of course." "Shouldn't she give you your money back?" asked Spino, "Yes, it's only fair." said Hank. Madam Gingerpawz's eyes grew big, "Wait! Stop! Madam Gingerpawz has recovered!" 
"You will...meet up with a terrible criminal! Named- named- Eddie!" she exclaimed.
"Wait a second- that's already happened!" I told her. "It has?" she asked.
"Yes," said Octo, "I was there." "Hmm, let me try again." said Madam Gingerpawz.
"You will be captured...by Mira's evil twin! Miza! And-" she uncovered her eyes and looked at us.
"What!? It happened already?" "Yes," we all said at the same time.
"Well, how can I predict his future when hes already done everything!?" she yelled.
"Just try once more, who knows, maybe it will work," I said, "Okay, but this is the last try." she said.
"You and your friends...will be shipwrecked, on an island far out at sea." she opened her eyes. "Now, I must go eat my daily bowl of noodles!" and with that, Madam Gingerpawz left the room.

Chapter five:
As we walked out of the caravan the evening breeze ruffled the leaves in the trees, "So what do you think it means?" asked Hank. "I don't know, but getting shipwrecked sounds like fun!" I replied.
"Yes, I haven't been shipwrecked for a few days now," said Octo grinning. "We'll get shipwrecked first thing tomorrow! We can ask Scar the lion if we can borrow his boat, maybe he'll even come along!" said Spino.
"It's settled then, we'll go see Scar tomorrow," I said, "But- but-" Drover stammered, "What if there are pirates?" Spino laughed, "Pirates are a thing of the past! The only thing you'll need to worry about is a monkey that throws coconuts." Drover's eyes grew as big as plates! Like this, well, I guess you can't see.
They were as big as plates anyway. We took the ferry down from Township down to Kangan Flats.
That night, I dreamed of pirates, noodles, and oddly enough...
...monkeys throwing coconuts.
The next day we were all awakened by a gunshot, the signal in Kangan Flats to..."GET UP!
We all woke up, well, almost all of us. Drover and Hank were both asleep, "Murgle skiffer snuffering porkchop ladybug apples..." Hank mumbled in his sleep. "Oh Hank...?" I said slowly.
Hank rolled over and mumbled..."Raccoon Barn grasshopper pie..." I lifted up one of Hank's ears "HANK  WAKE UP!" I screamed into his ear. I watched as Hank broke the worlds High jump record, and displayed an incredible display of gymnastics, and acrobatics. He stumbled around for a moment, and recovered.
"Come on Hank! Let's load up, and wake up Drover," I told him.
"I'll go call Scar and tell him we're coming over, won't he be surprised?" said Spino with a smirk.
I watched Hank wake Drover up, "WAKE UP HALF STEPPER! ARISE AND SING!"
I watched as Drover's eyes opened and he tried to get up, he was stepping on an ear so he only succeeded in rolling over.

Chapter six: 
After a few minutes we were finally underway, we caught the ferry coming in.
TOOT! TOOT! Said the ferry as it rounded a bend in the river, "Hey look!" I yelled at Spino and Octo.
"It's our old friends Austin and Joselle!" all eyes turned to the captains deck, sure enough, it was them.
Austin and Joselle are twin elephants, the bandanas and hats were different, but otherwise they were the same elephants who had given us a broken down boathouse, out of the "Goodness of their hearts."
"Hey, hello!" Austin yelled down from the captains deck. We all waved back, "What's up?" asked Joselle.
"The Sky!" Spino said with a smile. "Heh heh," said Austin. The ferry boat headed to the dock, "Move out of the way! I'll either crash this boat or not!" Austin yelled. We all quickly obeyed as the ferry chugged to a stop, narrowly missing plowing into the dock. Drover eyed the ferry suspiciously, "Are you sure this this is safe?"
We all piled in before we could answer his question, "So Octo," said Joselle, "What'cha all doing these days?"
"Oh, not much," replied Octo, "We're getting shipwrecked, that's all."
"Oh?" asked Austin as he pulled the "Last call bell" with his trunk. The ferry started to vibrate, and steam poured out of the smokestack, and the ferry started it's daily march upstream.
"So," I asked Spino, "What did you bring for the shipwreck?"
Spino looked into the picnic basket she had brought along, "Well, a brought bottles of water, food, and-"
Drover cut her off, "Who gets the steak!?" he asked, "it's only for urgent use," said Spino.
Hank joined Drover, "It's the urgent smell of a steak!" he barked.
"NO," Spino said firmly, she stamped a paw on the deck, she turned back to me, "I also brought a 'How to survive a shipwreck on a desert island in the mythical land of Jamaa left of Crystal Sands handbook.' " she told me. Octo came over, "They sell books like that?" she said disbelievingly.
Suddenly there was a grinding sound, and the ferry came to a sudden stop.

Chapter seven:
We looked over the side of the ferry, the ferry had just demolished two rowboats and the dock.
"Well, we're here anyway." said Austin. We all got out and headed to Scar the Lion's place.
Scar the Lion owns the lion museum, all about the history and heritage of lions.
Including an extensive lion plushie collection, we went around to the back of the museum.
Spino knocked hard on the door, "Scar-ar?" she asked.
I heard strange music coming from behind the door, "He must be practicing his schotish again." I said.
We went inside anyway, there was Scar, Scar is a red lion with a black mane, and unlike most animals I know, doesn't wear a thing except the fur coat nature gave him.
"Step to the left, step to right, hop and roar!" Scar gave out a huge roar that ruffled everyone's hair.
"Oh, hello again Spino and TT!" he said cheerily, "Practicing your schotish lion dance again I see."
"Mmmhmm!" Scar said, "The Lion Schotish will soon be an exhibit!
Spino dropped the bomb on him, "Scar, would you like to come get shipwrecked with us?"
"I- what? Shipwrecked? You mean, go into the ocean?" "Yes!" Spino replied, "we will go into the ocean."
"You mean ocean as in water?" Scar said nervously, his tail started to twitch.

What will happen to TT & Friends? Find out in Part 2! 
(Not written yet.)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, what happened to GreatShot?? (IF she's there, I skimmed through)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, well I haven't put you in the first part, what do you think of being the leader of a clan of wolves?

      Delete
    2. WOW! I never thought of that! I'd love my character to be that!

      Delete
  2. Can I be in it? I mean, my alternate character besides papad91278 is Charlotte, who LIVES in that mythical place, so this is a perfect story. It's called Vastia, all sorts of (human but nice) wizards, and every single one has a familiar, an animal that has a special power that differs depending on where they are from. For example, Charlotte is a beautiful cat from Maidenmere, where all the cats can move things with their mind (they got the force! XD ). She helps the gang and tells them about Vastia, she loves showing things to people.
    papad91278 aka Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING done! You're a GREAT writer! :) Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im guessing if u posted it then i can be in it... AWESOMENESS!
    papad91278

    ReplyDelete

Please make good book reviews! Or you may run into a certain squishy zappy creature...